A Co-Ed Sand Volleyball Tournament will be held in Viborg on Friday, July 20th with the first game beginning at 5:00 pm. Volleyball courts at the Jaycee Park will be utilized for the tournament.
Register online prior or you may register from 4:15-4:45 pm the night of the tournament. For more information, please contact Dawn Weier at (605) 940-4309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yard games will also be available for entertainment and a food truck will be present.
Sponsored by the Danish Days Committee.
Danish Days Co-Ed Sand Volleyball Rules 2018
- Honesty is expected of all players.
- A game is played using rally point scoring. The first team to 15 with a 2-point lead will be declared the winner.
- A match is best 2 out of 3 games.
- Teams will switch sides of the court after each game.
- If there is more than 1 contact on a side, 1 of the contacts must be made by a female player. A block does not constitute a hit or contact.
- Each team is allowed 2 timeouts per game – 30 seconds in length.
- There must be a minimum of 2 males and maximum of 3 on the court at all times.
- A substitution can only be made after the person has rotated to the center back position or if there is an injury.
- All offenses must be called by the opposing team, and if an agreement cannot be made, then the ball will be replayed with no points awarded.
- The ball may hit the net on a serve.
- Basic rules of volleyball apply.
- If the team is not present after the prior game within 10 minutes, it will result in a forfeit.
- A player is only allowed to play for 1 team.
- Score must be announced prior to the serve on each play.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY — HAVE FUN!!!!